The Royal New Zealand Returned and Services’ Association complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Personal information collection & use:
We collect personal information about you from:
• You, when you provide that personal information to us. This includes via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services and products.
• Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We intend to use your professional information for the purpose of:
• Verifying your identity
• Provide you with event information & subscription content
• Contacting you electronically, if necessary
• We will not disclose your personal information without first consulting you
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.